Senior Structural Engineer
Lead Structural Engineer
To provide structural engineering support for detailed design & temporary works both for installation & decommissioning projects.
The structural engineer shall undertake assignments and engineer projects applying basic engineering principles using judgement in making selections and adaptation of engineering alternatives.
- Knowledge of the design principles of structural engineering.
- Knowledge of design software used for structural design and analysis.
- Good communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant.
- Assertive and confident
- Commitment to safe working procedures and methods.
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Civil or Structural University Degree with relevant experience and Chartered Engineer
- Assist in the design of assignments which involve conventional types of projects such as third party seafastening and integration into third party vessels.
- Design of seafastening steelwork for structures (installation projects and decommissioning).
- Review/identify/design of vessel underdeck strengthening.
- Structural design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (eg DNV, Lloyds, AISC, API) & Client Specifications
- Analysis/Design of lift & installation of modules & installation aids.
- Detail design of subsea architecture (Pre-FEED/FEED/Detail Design).
- Familiar with structural and engineering/drafting softwares such as STAADPro/MathCAD/AutoCAD.
- Liaise with other discipline members on design, construction and fabrication.
- Preparation of internal structural technical notes/reports.
- Liaise with Approval authorities, attend and coordinate mobilisations
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes.
- Preparation of CTR for tenders.
- Undertake offshore surveys on platforms and third-party vessels.
- Demonstrate adherence to the PDi Quality Management System.
- Comply with PDi HSEQ policies and procedures.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter including Senior Structural Engineer as the reference.