Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
The Environmental Engineer is required to take responsibility for project work assigned to them in support of the company’s core business as well as identification of any potential new business opportunities.
- Acquainted with Oil and Gas Environmental legislation and standards
- Use of Modelling Software ie OSCAR; Oil Map, DREAM (preferred)
- Competent with relevant technical software for area of responsibility (Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio/Project)
- Ability to utilise GIS (AutoCAD experience also an advantage)
- ISO14001 Management System.
- Relevant environmental consultancy experience preferably directly related to oil and gas, although individuals with other marine related environmental experience such as offshore renewables would be considered.
- Proven relevant experience in the UK Oil and Gas sector on environmental issues.
- Recent experience in supporting clients as an environmental advisor or consultant.
- Detailed knowledge of environmental regulation relating to Oil & Gas activities, particularly decommissioning and subsea projects.
- Production, distributing and maintenance of technical documentation – specifically producing reports and proof reading.
- University degree level in relevant environmental science discipline.
- Evidence of professional and personal development and/or learning. Chartered Environmentalist or equivalent an advantage.
The Environmental Engineer is required to take responsibility for project work assigned to them in support of the company’s core business as well as identification of any potential new business opportunities. Areas of note are:
- Contributing to Decommissioning Programmes
- Authoring of Environmental Assessment Documents
- Participation in Comparative Assessments
- Permits and Consents
- General environmental advice to clients and internal stakeholders
- Management of external consultants.
The Environmental Engineer shall provide proactive advice and guidance to all onshore and offshore personnel to ensure compliant environmental performance in its operations. In addition, he/she may be required to provide the following services:
- Drive implementation and support the environmental aspects of project HSE Plans.
- Support the business in complying with the EMS and recommend improvements as required.
- Collation and reporting of environmental metrics to the organisation and clients and to meet statutory obligations e.g. corporate, EEMS.
- Support and participate in HSE seminars, conferences and industry work groups.
- Working effectively with the broader business, including support for Corporate, Site and Projects.
- Participate in/lead environmental investigations and facilitate the completion of actions.
- Advise on legal compliance requirements with all environmental permits and consents e.g. OPEP exercises, chemicals.
- Coordination of all environmental permits and consents and the management of external consultants to assist in permit preparation, submission and revision as required.
- Ensure that the environmental risks associated with operations are systematically identified, mitigated and communicated e.g. Risk Assessments, Environmental Risk Register.
- Responsible for the environmental budget.
- Inform and provide general and issue specific environmental training support.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter including Environmental Engineer as the reference.