Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Engineering Lead/Project Manager
The graduate engineer is required to complete a 2 year, IMarEST accredited, graduate training scheme in order to progress to becoming a Project Engineer at PDi. The purpose of the scheme is to provide a structured platform for development and learning that will ensure a good start to the graduate’s career and assist in the path towards becoming a chartered engineer.
The graduate programme is completed in conjunction to being assigned to ongoing projects and/or tenders, in addition to participation in internal and external training courses.
The Graduate Project Engineer shall demonstrate the appropriate level of professionalism at all times when representing the company.
- Competent with relevant software for area of responsibility (MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Project & MathCAD).
- Engineering/Technical based work experience;
- Engineering/Technical based work experience in Oil & Gas/Subsea industry is advantageous.
- University degree in Naval Architecture, Structural, Mechanical or Civil Engineering (BSc/BEng with honours, MEng or equivalent).
- Prepare procedures, plans, cost estimates, reports or calculations as required by ongoing projects;
- Develop and perform project presentations;
- Perform IDC checks of documents prepared by other engineers as required by ongoing projects or tenders;
- Coordination of draughting functions to produce storyboards, deck plans, drawings etc;
- Assist ongoing projects with data gathering/organisation;
- Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, perform design/calculations for seafastening, transportation, offshore lifting and installation of various items of equipment;
- Complete secondments to Client offices as required by ongoing projects;
- Actively develop own personnel and professional competencies.
- Assist Project Engineers & Senior Project Engineers in implementation of Mobilisation Plans (mobilisation and demobilisation);
- Assist Project Engineers & Senior Project Engineers in offshore duties including Project Briefings, Managements of Change and Lift Plans;
- Assist Project Engineers & Senior Project Engineers in participation/running offshore HIRA’s/SJA processes in conjunction with project teams, offshore managers and vessel crew.
Tender & Proposal Support:
- Prepare/provide input into tender documentation such as scopes of work, ITTs & RFQs as required;
- Prepare/provide input into proposal documentation such as CTRs, manplans, MDR’s, method statements, schedules & final proposals to support company proposals for work.
Project Management Support
- Support the Project Manager as required with deliverables such as weekly/monthly reporting and cost/deliverable tracking;
- Assist the Project Manager in developing CTRs and schedules throughout the duration of the project to support execution works.
Business Development Support:
- Assist the Business Development Manager and/or Commercial Manager with business development functions as required.
The Graduate Project Engineer shall be compliant with all PDi policies and procedures available within the Quality Management System.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter including Graduate Engineer as the reference.