Senior Project Engineer
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Engineering Lead/Project Manager
The Senior Project Engineer is required to take responsibility for project work assigned to them in support of the company’s core business as well as any potential new business opportunities.
The work of the Senior Project Engineer generally includes, but is not limited to the following; office based and offshore project engineering, mentoring, tender support, project management support and business develop support.
The Senior Project Engineer shall demonstrate the appropriate level of professionalism at all times when representing the company.
- Acquainted in legislation and standards as relevant for area of responsibility
- Competent with relevant technical software for area of responsibility (MS Word / Excel / Powerpoint / Visio / Project)
- Engineering execution and procedure development experience.
- Management and interface of sub-contractors.
- Oil and Gas or Energy Related past engineering experience.
- Offshore execution experience in core business streams.
- University degree level in relevant engineering discipline.
Onshore Project Engineering:
- Demonstrate suitable level of knowledge and understanding of company’s core business streams;
- Prepare project documentation such as work procedures, method statements, reports, technical notes, MoM’s, risks assessments, cost estimates and schedules as required by the project;
- Perform review/IDC of project documentation prepared by other engineers;
- Lead discrete packages of work assigned by Project Manager with responsibility for completing deliverables to schedule and budget;
- Co-ordination of engineers and supporting functions (draughting, structural, analysis, DCC etc.) to complete work packages;
- Provide offshore support as required by the project.
Offshore Project Engineering:
- Demonstrate an in depth level of knowledge and understanding of offshore project being executed;
- Prepare, report and manage all required project documentation throughout the course of the offshore works.
- Integrate with the vessel/site/platform team to ensure the work is executed correctly.
- Responsible for running the shift and attending daily project meetings if being utilised in an execution role.
- Responsible for managing subcontractors for the execution of their discreet packages within the offshore scope.
- Oversee and mentor Project and Graduate Engineers on technical matters and company/industry standards;
- Provide guidance and support to Engineers aiming to become incorporated or chartered.
- Gather feedback on and hold staff performance reviews as required.
Tender & Proposal Support:
- Interface with Clients to develop work scopes, schedules and budget costs for engineering activities.
- Prepare tender documentation such as scope of work, ITT, RFQ as required.
- Prepare proposal documentation such as CTRs, manplans, MDR’s, method statements, schedules and final proposals to support company proposals for work.
Project Management Support
- Support the Project Manager as required with deliverables such as weekly/monthly reporting, cost budgeting, tracking and forecasting;
- Provide input to, and/or present at project PMSR’s as required by Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing CTRs and schedule throughout the duration of the project to support execution works.
Business Development Support:
- Support the business development function in attracting new business and liaising with clients as required by the Business Development Manager;
- Promote business development outside of the workplace to positively enhance the reputation of the company.
The Senior Project Engineer shall be compliant with all PDi policies and procedures available within the QMS.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter including Senior Project Engineer as the reference.